Quirky Tales Banner

Friday 17 August 2012

Trying Working Conditions

The people up the road are having their garden landscaped, so for the last few days I've been treated to a low-level, background thrum of hard working machinery, occasionally punctuated by a high-pitched scream of a grinder cutting bricks. It's driving me nuts.
But when it comes to working in trying conditions I'm a lightweight. Just imagine, you've set out your market stall, all your fresh produce is lined up for the punters, business is good, then suddenly a siren wails and you have to pack it all up, pull in your canopy, and cease trading to allow a train to rattle past. Take a look at the Mail video of Maeklong Market 
What's so impressive about it for me is the calm acceptance of the traders as they patiently wait for the train to pass before speedily reassembling their stalls. I guess you don't argue with a train.

No comments:

Post a Comment