Quirky Tales Banner

Monday 24 October 2011

Mischievous Autumn

It's happened to us all, if we're honest: that heart-stopping moment when a dark and suspiciously spider-like object turns out to be nothing more sinister than a piece of fluff. If you're anything like me, you give an embarrassed little chuckle and dispatch the fluff to the bin, where it can wait to shock someone else.
Knowing the feeling all too well, I have nothing but sympathy for the star of one story appearing on the news sites today featuring the Bengal tigress who was caught unawares by a maliciously floating leaf:
http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/879516-scaredy-cat-tiger-frightened-by-a-floating-leaf
At least no-one's ever photographed me standing on a chair, screaming in terror at a ball of lint. That poor tiger may never be able to show her face again!

4 comments:

  1. Haha I know that feeling, but it's usually just a stray hair that's sliding down my arm! I don't think I've ever been captured on camera though, so I should be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful not to get complacent though. You never know when that floating leaf or tumbling hair might turn out to be something much more sinister. Always have a good scream ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's usually a little wimper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's all well and good when it's only a leaf but it doesn't cut much ice with a giant spider or vampire bat!

    ReplyDelete