Quirky Tales Banner

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Breakdown in Discipline

I did do some editing yesterday, honest. But my to-do list distracted me, and my mind kept wondering to the necessity of creating a map for the second book. Eventually, seeing that my focus was elsewhere, I gave up on the edit and concentrated instead on honing my cartography skills. The finished (ish) result looks pretty good, though I must confess, I have taken one or two geological and fluvial liberties. I'm excusing myself on the grounds that certain features have to be in certain places for narrative reasons.
So, today I have no reason not to get on with the edit. Unless I can think of some other illustration required for the book. See, this is why I always ended up doing my homework in registration. (Mum, if you're reading this, I only ever did that for unimportant subjects - like Physics, Maths, Chemistry, French, German, History, oh and, as my map no doubt demonstrates, Geography. I always did my Art and English homework properly - I wasn't a total dropout!)

No comments:

Post a Comment