Quirky Tales Banner

Friday 15 February 2013

Close Shaves and Books Without Ends

I may not have turned up many exciting or funny news articles this week, but I have achieved something - 7 out of 7 in the BBC's Quiz of the Week! I do believe it's the first time I've managed it. Okay, okay, 3 or 4 of the answers were educated (lucky) guesses, but even so, I reserve the right to brag about it for the rest of the day.
The book that shall not be named is still dragging on. I'm 80% through it so I can't give up, but worryingly I have now started dreaming about the wretched thing. There is little to love about either the setting or the characters, so visiting it in my sleep is more nightmare than dream. But I will finish it, I will!
At least tonight I can distract myself by looking for the Asteroid 2012 DA14 (why couldn't they call it Bob, or Wilbur?). This is the asteroid that will make a very close pass, being some 17000 miles away. 17000 miles sounds a long way but given that we have satellites further out than that, the excitement in the astronomy world is perhaps understandable. I just hope they got their sums right!

No comments:

Post a Comment