Quirky Tales Banner

Monday 18 June 2012

English Reserve

I suspect my English reserve might be holding me back. It seems that the erotica genre is soaring in popularity at the moment, with the explicit romance novel Fifty Shades of Grey by Erika Mitchell (pen name El James) apparently flying off the shelves at an astonishing rate, earning Mrs Mitchell a small fortune in the process.
I dream of becoming a hugely successful author, as do all writers, but I'm not sure I could ever write convincingly in that particular genre. But who knows, my brand of fiction could be the next big thing!
I'm still working on the final story idea for the second anthology. Editing on the second book of the Boldre Wood Trilogy is going well, and I've had some good feedback on my story for Café ThreeZero.
I'm praying the great reading public soon decides that want they really want to read is imaginative fantasy adventure or maybe a collection of thought-provoking short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment