Quirky Tales Banner

Thursday 14 June 2012

Demanding Printers

The story for Café ThreeZero is finished. For now! I'm waiting now for peer reviews on it and will no doubt need to make further changes following their critiques, but at least I have something to work on now.
I bravely tackled the job of printing the second book of the trilogy yesterday. Our printer is like a bottomless pit, constantly needing to be fed with something. Yesterday was no different. It printed one page of one hundred and twenty five, then stopped, demanding replacement of the small black ink cartridge. This I duly did. Then it demanded replacement of the large black ink cartridge. I didn't have a spare, so cue a speedy trip to PC World. Odd how the traffic lights are always against you when you're in a rush! The printer was finally satisfied that all its needs had been met and got on with the job, which means today I can begin ploughing through 'Billy and the North Oakian Alliance' with my red pen, striking at any anomalies or clumsy narrative. Not my favourite aspect of writing, but it must be done.
In the meantime, for a little light relief, take a look at Coca Cola's advert on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auNSrt-QOhw
If it can make me smile when I've got so much editing to do it's got to be special!

No comments:

Post a Comment