Quirky Tales Banner

Monday 19 November 2012

Today's Roundup

There are some good news stories out there at the moment but you have to dig to find them. Possibly the most exciting news comes from the scientists who have reversed paralysis in dogs by injecting them with cells from the lining of their noses. It's a long way from offering a treatment for paralysed humans, but it's still a huge breakthrough.
There is also of course the news that the annual BBC Children in Need appeal raised even more money than last year, achieving a record £26.8m. I think I must be getting old and cranky because I found myself switching off after about fifteen minutes, my tolerance for the amateurish antics of some of the presenters failed me - bring back Gabby Roslin, please! Nevertheless, it's a fantastic achievement and the money will be put to the very best use helping children in desperate need. Donations are still being collected on the Children in Need website.
On the home front, we received some bad news about the endowment mortgage so we have chosen to be sensible and not use the savings in the purchase of a motorhome. Once we're finally rid of this rotten mortgage we can spend our money how we choose, but until then the house has to come first.
After a break from the writing I'm now back in creative mode and have started a new story which will hopefully find its way into the third of the QT Anthologies. Book Two still proudly sports its five star review, and I've received some fantastic comments and feedback from readers. If you have any questions or comments about any of the Unseen Stories, please feel free to comment on this post and I'll answer as best I can.
Meanwhile Christmas preparations are going well, though I know I'll have a meltdown in a couple of weeks and descend into a flat panic.
So that's todays roundup. My eyes are peeled for funny news stories to share with you, but supplies seem to be running low. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment