Quirky Tales Banner

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Let Sleeping Dogs ...

I know, I said I wouldn't be discussing any more animal news stories. So I lied. I think you'll forgive me. There are two animal stories today that appealed to the sloth in me. One concerns the baby elephant who was desperate to wake a sleeping canine friend, and the other is that of the barn owl who was supposed to acting as ring bearer at a wedding but instead decided to have a snooze in the rafters. Well, you would, wouldn't you?
The dog in the Mail's article is a pretty determined sleeper, refusing to wake despite the elephant relentlessly poking him with his trunk and blowing dust at him. You have to admire that kind of dedication. And before you offer up all your sympathies to the cute elephant, consider the dog's point of view. How would you like to be woken in the morning by a playful elephant. Ah, I think I may have just lost my own argument there.
As for the owl as reported by the BBC, I can see why the rafters would have seemed more appealing than a daytime wedding. She's an owl for heaven's sake! I can just imagine her thoughts when the ladder appeared by her side. Do owls know many swear words, I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment