Quirky Tales Banner

Friday 23 March 2012

Dylan the Donkey

I called in at the pet shop this morning, for no other reason than I like looking at the rabbits, and the chinchillas (who are always asleep), and the hamsters. I chuckled over the rabbits who were ganging up on the member of staff who was clambering around inside their enclosure, cleaning the glass, and I cooed over the snoozing chinchillas, and then I left, empty handed.
I don't have any pets, unless you count the endless line of sparrows and robins and blackbirds who demand food on a daily basis, but I can appreciate their appeal. There's a part of me that would love a dog, until I look at the nice new carpet, or hear stories about pet insurance and vet's bills, then suddenly teddy bears seem to have a lot going for them!
With animals of a cute nature clearly at the forefront of my mind today, I stumbled across an irresistible article on the Daily Mail website, featuring some of the new arrivals at the Blair Drummond Safari Park:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2119226/Dylan-donkey-Angus-rhino-Marvin-meerkat-newborns-safari-park.html
I'm pretty sure I could find room for little Dylan the donkey, regardless of new carpets and vet's bills!

No comments:

Post a Comment