Quirky Tales Banner

Friday 27 April 2012

I Need a Little Time!

With all the editing and other jobs, I don't seem to have time for writing stories. I've begun one this week, inspired by the news story of the newly arrived couple who forced an ancient village church to stop ringing its bell, but I just don't seem to have enough hours to refine it. I also have an idea for another one, based on the Post Office queue. I've scribbled notes, but that's as far as I've got.
I'm worried now that poor Quirky Tales isn't receiving new input. I had managed well up until now, gaining new material from weekly challenges from CafĂ© ThreeZero. Unfortunately these have fizzled out now, as everyone else is struggling for time as well! I need a routine. The trouble is, in my experience, routines tend to quash creative impulse. Maybe I'll have to start writing during the night, when there are no other distractions or demands upon my time.
And I thought writing would be a fun and stress-free career!

No comments:

Post a Comment