Quirky Tales Banner

Friday 13 April 2012

Another Rejection, But an Encouraging One!

Some time ago I sent a submission of 'Lucky Dip' to Oneworld Publications. I received an email from them today, regretfully telling me they didn't believe it to be a good fit for their list. Another rejection, but this one came with an explanation about their current list and also the encouraging words that they had enjoyed the humour in my writing. I can't tell you what a difference it makes just to get a small vote of confidence like that. All the other rejections I've received have been blunt, impersonal and to the point: thanks, but no thanks.
It's such a brutal business that I was almost tempted to reply, thanking them for rejecting me in such a gracious and kind manner! Maybe I won't give up on the conventional route for 'Lucky Dip' after all. Thank you Oneworld Publications, my faith and hope have been restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment