Quirky Tales Banner

Monday 23 July 2012

Gremlins in the Works

I don't know how it happened, I obviously did something very foolish, but I have no idea what. I had been working on my story for the latest Café ThreeZero collection back in June. I posted it to the forum for my colleagues to read and assess, then set about making changes following their feedback. So far so good. With that in mind, when I pulled up the story today for one final check before submission, I was expecting to find little to do.
Ha! Some hope! I've lost all the revisions I made! I know I've brought up the right document, because I opened the 'last modified' version, but none of my changes were visible. Maybe I dreamed I had made the changes. I suppose there's a remote possibility that I forgot to save them. Or maybe I had a bizarre mental blockage and put it all back the way it was before.
Personally I think it's far more likely those pesky computer gremlins mischievously undid all my corrections when I wasn't looking - I swear they've done it before, whatever he who fixes the computer says!

No comments:

Post a Comment