Quirky Tales Banner

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Boldre Wood Marketing

A writer friend of mine suggested that I create a Facebook page in the name of one of the characters from Boldre Wood in order to create more awareness of the trilogy. It's a great idea, and one I'm keen to act upon, but I'm struggling to figure out how to go about it. Firstly I need to create pictures of my imaginary world, not just as sketches and doodles in my journals, but actual, proper, professional digital images. It's quite an ask!
I will also need to have a well formed idea of the character and his place in the story. As such, I think I shall probably use Gerald Hippingdale, Hippo, as he is a key player in Billy's life, allowing him certain insights into his story, though I'm going to have to give some thought to viewing the story from his perspective. I shall also have to be careful not to reveal too much!
Hopefully this will be a productive route to my target audience. I shall keep you updated on my progress with the artwork, just don't expect anything too quickly! Oh, and any helpful ideas on creating an exciting Facebook page would be very gratefully received!

No comments:

Post a Comment