Quirky Tales Banner

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Undo! Undo! Undo?

Aaargh! I had just completed my 54th card of my plan for Billy 3 using the Cardboard Index Cards app when ... disaster! I hit a wrong button - I don't even know which one! - and the whole layout was rearranged! There was a moment of utter silence, followed by a pained howl and a frantic search of the menu and help options. I couldn't find a button that would restore it to my original order, and there was no convenient Undo button. How can such an app not have an Undo? Everything has an Undo. It's an essential function for incompetents like me. I suspect there is an option somewhere but in my panic I wasn't able to find it.

Thankfully I had taken several screenshots as my plan progressed, so I've managed to use the pictures to re-order the cards manually, but now I'm terrified of accidentally catching a button and sending my plan into disarray again. Perhaps I ought to nip out to the stationers and buy some old fashioned index cards, some pins and a corkboard. Though I've noticed they don't have an Undo button either.

No comments:

Post a Comment