Quirky Tales Banner

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Time Shift

We're trialling a new schedule in our house. We're starting the day earlier and ending it later in order for he who fixes the computer to build up more flexi-hours. Today is the second day of the new regime and I'm not convinced. It's true that by ten o'clock I'd changed the beds, cleaned the bathroom, done the washing, the ironing, downed two cups of coffee and cleaned the kitchen, but now, when I should be sitting down to some serious writing, all I can think of is curling up in bed and going back to sleep.

I've heard of writers who work through the night, going to bed at four in the morning and rising at midday. As a distinctly non-morning type of person that regime has a certain allure, seeing as it misses out morning altogether. Or would the afternoon just become morning, and the evening just become afternoon, and ...

Stronger coffee. That's what I need. Stronger coffee with a side order of paracetamol. And while I'm at it, I might just shift all the clocks an hour forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment