Quirky Tales Banner

Sunday 20 November 2011

Gender Approach to Chores

Housework is something that I typically do in a frenzied hour on a Monday morning. Today, however, I found myself with some time to spare and decided to get the chore out of the way so I can crack on with writing tomorrow. Wielding my polish, I was sprinting around the house terrifying even the hardiest of dust into submission, when I was approached by my bewildered other half who nervously asked how he could help. I suggested he could take the vacuum for a spin if he liked.
Lesson learned. In future, the house will have to make do with its usual high speed assault. There is a very marked difference between the male and female approach to a vacuum cleaner. The female sees it as a necessary tool to get the job done as fast as possible. The male sees an array of attachments to be experimented and played with, hence he takes at least twice as long to complete the job. The result is, I must confess, a much more thorough clean, even in the crankiest of corners, but I still prefer to get the housework done at breakneck speed and get on to much more interesting occupations.

No comments:

Post a Comment