Quirky Tales Banner

Thursday 3 December 2015

Christmas Commercial Break

It's that time of year once more, roll out the decorations, swear at the blinking (or not) fairy lights, panic over undelivered parcels and ... yes, the annual Christmas advert competition! The papers have been discussing them at length, but I've picked out three that stand out for me:

This year's contenders are pretty good. I rather like Lidl's different take on things, with its School of Christmas, Sainsbury's  Mog's Christmas Calamity has to rate highly, after all, it combines a monumentally clumsy cat with a heartwarming story of neighbours helping each other, what's not to like? But I think the best is one from the left field - the advert for the Spanish lottery. Don't worry, you don't need to speak Spanish to understand the story, there are no spoken words, just a really sweet animation about a night janitor who fills the lonely hours by ... well, I'm not going to say any more, it would spoil it.

I'm working on another story to add to the Christmas section in the QT library. Hopefully it should be up in a few days.

Happy Advent everyone.
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment