Quirky Tales Banner

Friday 2 May 2014

Performing Billy

Anyone walking past our house today would have been treated to the spectacle of me pacing back and forth reading 'Billy and the Carinthean War' out loud, complete with actions, accents and full facial expressions. I hadn't set out today with the intention of acting out Billy 3, it resulted from my latest read through of the manuscript. However, it has proven an effective method of spotting those annoying lingering mistakes and typos. You tend to stumble when a word is missing or misspelt when you read out loud.

I've made good progress. The manuscript is nearly ready. I've had to take a brief rest to allow my voice a chance to recover - being a writer doesn't really equip one with the vocal gymnastics required to do a full days performance! Hopefully the book will be cleared and ready for take-off by the end of next week.

Updates to follow. Have a great weekend.

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment