Quirky Tales Banner

Monday 23 September 2013

Dino 101

In between working on the final preparations of Lucky Dip and new material for the next of the QT Anthologies, I've been taking the truly superb Dino 101: Dinosaur Palaeobiology course run by the University of Alberta. This is a free course that anybody with access to the internet can take. Despite being free, this is a comprehensive and fascinating introduction to the world of dinosaurs.
It's also really made me work my brain, as parts of it have not come easily - most especially distinguishing Saurischian and Ornithischian dinosaurs from each other, which is easy to do when they're just skeletons, but when they have their clothes on (so to speak) it's altogether more tricky. I think I've got it now, but it's taken a more concerted effort than I was expecting, which is no bad thing at all. I also now have a hankering to visit Alberta.


My shockingly poor rendering of a T-rex (Saurischian!).
My apologies to the excellent tutors of Dino 101.

4 comments:

  1. Aww he's cute! I like him... or her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Though he's not strictly anatomically correct, and I've taken quite a liberty with the colour ;-) I'm not sure they smiled quite so sweetly either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was probably a more evil grin! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that would be wicked. Lull your prey into a false sense of security with a charming smile and then ...

    ReplyDelete