Quirky Tales Banner

Thursday 21 June 2012

New Story

A story broke yesterday about a certain high profile working mother, married to a certain former prime minister, who had given a speech in which she attacked stay-at-home mothers, or 'yummy mummys', as she rather disparagingly called them. Whilst some of the points she made may have had some merit, it was a rather ill-considered snipe at a hard-pressed and largely voiceless sector of society.
I have to thank her, because it inspired another story for the website. The story is fiction, the characters are imaginary and in no way represent any actual person. The story is my attempt to allow the stay-at-home mum's position to be heard for once.
If you fancy a look, here's the link:
http://www.quirkytales.co.uk/stories/judgemental.php
For what it's worth I've been a stay-at-home mum, I've also been a working mum, albeit part-time, so I can see both sides. As such, I'm pretty sure there is no right or wrong, just individual choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment