Quirky Tales Banner

Wednesday 2 May 2012

cc: Theresa May

I'm not sure about Theresa May. I should probably be honest here, I'm not sure about any of the current occupants of the ministerial seats, not least because they keep insisting that, despite all evidence to the contrary, they feel our pain. I stubbed my toe this morning when I was stumbling about half-asleep trying to get dressed, I'm pretty certain that neither Mr Cameron or Mr Osbourne were suddenly struck down by an attack of sympathy pain in their right big toes, though I find the idea intriguing. I suspect if it were true, there would be a shocking increase in incidents of self-harm.
I've slipped from the subject, let me get back to Theresa May: Home Secretary, can't read a calendar, got her famous stiletto heels stuck in the Downing Street pavement, wants to know what we're all saying to each other so has decided that all our emails and communications should be made available for scrutiny.
People are somewhat animated about that last one. In fact, one person was so incensed he issued a call for everyone to cc their emails to Theresa May on May Day. He reasoned that since she was so desperate to snoop, we should just let her get on with it.
I haven't been able to find any official response to the action, although on the campaign's Facebook page there is a quote that seems to suggest emails were problematic for the Home Secretary yesterday.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/National-cc-all-your-e-mails-to-Theresa-May-Day/155277607840980
I don't suppose it will make any difference in the long run, but it was an inspired way to protest.

No comments:

Post a Comment